Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day...

No photos today...just my random ramblings regarding the "festivities" occurring in our Nation's Capitol.

I am fully aware of the historical nature of today's events. Don't get me wrong, this is a day to go down in the history books. However, is it really necessary to spend this amount of money when the country is in the economic crisis that we're in? I can think of MANY better ways to spend the money. Can you imagine if a Republican were spending this sort of money on an inauguration event?! There is a bill that has been passed AND signed that would give federal loan forgiveness to prosecutors...but, there's no money to fund it! Maybe, if we cut back on an inaugural ball (or five!), we could use that money to pay back the great public servants in our country who don't make nearly what our private practice counterparts make.

I get that our new "leader" has a perceived "great vision" for the country...I just wish I could say that vision would be good for everyone. From what I've seen so far, it appears to me that the status quo would be better for me (yes, I'm selfish...I know!)

Obviously, Obama wasn't my choice for president in November. However, as an American, I know that he is now "my" president. I just wish his "hope" and "change" wasn't so divisive already. Only time will tell what his legacy will leave. I just hope people look behind the smoke and mirrors to what action he actually takes, what good he actually does and whether he actually leaves this country a better place than when he found it.

No comments: