Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

So, my two weeks of jury trials are now officially over and I have a short break before a BIG trial the week after Thanksgiving. This week's trial was a juvenile (a 10 year old) charged with indecency with a child. Not the resolution I would have wanted (plea to a lesser charge), but at least he's going to get the help I think he needs. Last weeks was definitely not good...NOT GUILTY!! At least we fought the good fight (for all you prosecutors out there!)

So, last night was a little emotional for me for some reason. Not sure if it was the fact that I've had very little sleep lately or what, but as we were watching the CMAs last night, I started crying during Trace Adkins' song "Your Gonna Miss This". I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that Kayla had just let me rock her to sleep for the first time in a long time and the fact that Austin was snuggled up on the chair, but I just love that song. For those of you who haven't heard it, I encourage you to check it out. The chorus goes something like this

"You're gonna miss this. You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times. Take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this." Oh how true...I already miss it!

Our church is hosting Family Promise this week and we went and spent time with the families last night. Family Promise is a program that helps homeless families get back on their feet, while providing them a place to stay, food and opportunities to find jobs. There are 9 churches in our area participating and this is our week. We went up to the church and ate with the three families last night and played with the kids. Its so eye-opening and sobering to me to see kids the age of mine (and younger!) with no home to call their own. Austin and I were talking about it on the way home and it was so hard for him to understand. We are so blessed to live where we do and have the things we have. I have to constantly remind myself to thank God everyday for that.

I know I keep saying I'm going to put new pictures up. I promise...I will. I have taken some VERY cute ones...they're just still on my camera. Maybe when things slow down...yeah right!

1 comment:

To Germany...and Beyond! said...

Weren't the CMAs great! Me and the other Mary Kay consultants got together to watch, since Mary Kay was the official beauty sponsor. It was a blast! Yeah, we were in Germany for 3 months. Chris came back with us September 7, then went back to Europe on the 12th. He will be back tomorrow. Your comment on an earlier post about how do single parents do it is so true. I am constantly exhausted. We are so looking forward to having him home.