Friday, October 17, 2008

Do they make a bed bigger than a king size?

So this morning at approximately 5 o'clock, I can hear Kayla over the monitor as she is climbing out of bed. (Again...why did I buy her that step stool?!) I then hear the door open-when did she get so tall? I'm guessing that halfway out into the living room, she realized that she couldn't see because she started crying. Joe went to get her and brought her into bed with us. Not at all a good precedent to be starting, especially since it hasn't been that long since Austin stopped getting in bed with us. I'm thinking she finally went back to sleep after flopping around...I know I did! How is it that such a little person can take up SOOO much room in a huge bed?!

Well, about 6:30, I can again hear noises over the monitor. I realize its now Austin getting something out of Kayla's room. Apparently he decided that if she was going to be in bed with Mommy and Daddy, she needed a baby in the bed, too. So, Austin makes his way in and ALSO climbs up in bed...complete with doll for Kayla, blanket and stuffed animal for him. Its a good thing Austin has bunkbeds-Joe and I may be needing somewhere to sleep soon!

You may ask why I was still in bed at 6:30...well, somehow, in my head, IT WAS SATURDAY!!! When I remembered it was Friday, I was NOT in a good mood and thus began the rush to get everyone ready to leave the house. No...I was not on time to work today!

A&M plays Texas Tech this weekend, although I think the term "plays" is probably not the proper term to use. For the first time in a LONG time (ever??), I am NOT that excited to go to football games. I know its a "rebuilding year" (what does that mean anyway? Haven't we been "rebuilding" for a while now?!), but it sure makes it hard to stomach the amount of money we have spent on season tickets. The more exciting game will be tomorrow at 9-yes, its soccer time again! Gee (Joe's mom) is coming, as well as Uncle Steven, Aunt Faye and Annie. We're very excited to see them and hang out. Hopefully we'll be able to take the kids to the pumpkin patch and get some fall pictures!

No comments: