Monday, October 13, 2008

The start of another week...

So, this weekend went by way too fast. Have you ever woke up on Monday morning and wondered "How am I here again?" Well, that's how it was for me this morning. My mom (aka Nonnie) was here this weekend and it was a typical whirlwind! Started out with dinner Friday night and then mom putting the kids to bed. After that, she took me to buy a sewing machine. Why, you ask? Well, I figured that now that I'm 30, I should learn how to sew! And, I know I can make those cute clothes they sell in Canton for much cheaper than they sell them! I just have to figure out how to work the thing!

Saturday morning...soccer game number 3! Austin is playing soccer this year for the first time and, with the exception of the first game, he's been doing really well! For the second week in a row, he scored two goals...but who's counting? (Certainly not the parents who aren't supposed to encourage such things, right?!) The funny thing was after the game when Austin was upset because he "only scored two scores." We finally figured out that he thought Nonnie wouldn't take him to Toys 'R' Us if he hadn't won. (What was he thinking? Nonnie takes him to Toys 'R' Us EVERY time she comes!!) Of course this was after the head-on collision between Austin and two players from the other team as they ran through the "tunnel-o-parents". All in all, it was a good morning and they had a great time.

Next came the Aggie Football game...really nothing worth reporting on there other than the fact that we are continuously wondering why we paid for season tickets this year. Nonnie took the kids shopping because they apparently don't have enough clothes in their closets! I shouldn't complain...we really do appreciate everything she does for us!

After a full day of church activities and getting ready for trial, we were hoping the kids would go down early. However, Kayla had other things in mind. Now that she has a step stool next to her bed, she's already out before we can get out of the room! I'm going to have to remember to move that stool when we put her to bed at night!

So, finally Monday is over and I sit here writing as Joe watches Monday night football. Its going to be a long week because "mommy is trying to put a bad guy in jail this week." Its hard to explain that the "bad guy" is really a 10 year old kid... Nothing will put a smile on your face like the kids chasing each other through the house, having a "race" to see who can get in bed first. Keep in mind that neither of them actually ever makes it into the bed! This of course is after Kayla has attempted to turn the bathroom into one large swimming pool by dumping water out of the tub. This is reported to me by Austin who informs me that "the water is almost to the door." "Sigh"...I guess the bath mats need washed again!

No comments: