Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sleeping on the floor???

So, the good news is that I'm not in trial anymore this week. The defense asked for continuances in both of the cases and somehow that was still our fault...whatever!

I got home late last night after a junior league meeting and Kayla was already in bed...well, kind of. I bought her a step stool a couple of weeks ago for her to be able to get in and out of her bed. Tell me again why that was a good idea?! Anyway, she has started climbing out of her bed after we tuck her in, but she doesn't come out of her room. No, instead (from what I can tell) she has been getting books out and "reading" them and then putting herself back to bed. However, she lays down behind the rocking chair in her room, which is about a foot and a half wide between the chair and the window seat. The past four nights she has done this and has been sound asleep when you go in to check on her. Of course, we move her back into her bed, but you have to wonder how that is more comfortable than the $200 mattress she has on her "big girl bed"!

When I walked in after my meeting, Austin was sitting in the recliner...well, really laying in the recliner...watching some movie about ships on the Discovery channel. I have no idea what it is and when I tried to talk to him he told me to "Shhh, mommy!" Joe tried to turn off the TV so Austin could go to bed and he said he wanted to wait until the ship movie was over. I guess there are worse things he could be watching on TV!

Tonight its off to a campaign event before we settle in to watch the last of the debates. We're taking Austin so he can tell everyone to "vote for 'beal' turner"...although really is that needed when everyone who will be there will be supporting Bill anyway? At least he knows what buttons to push when we go to vote next week!

No comments: