Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finally...some pictures!

Joe has been out of town this week or I might have been able to write more. However, as soon as I'm able to get the kids in bed and the house in a somewhat liveable fashion, I crash! So, here we are...waiting for Daddy to get home so I can turn childcare duty over to him and I can go into hibernation! I just don't know how single moms do it!

I had a parent teacher conference with Austin's teacher yesterday. He is apparently ready to start college, so we will start filling out applications this weekend! :) Seriously, he's apparently doing really well and I got to see a lot of the "work" he has done this year that they haven't sent home. Nothing really major to report...does this mean that he's a good kid or that he's unremarkable?! Anything's better than being the parent of "that kid", I guess!

Poor little Kayla is cutting a tooth. I'm not really sure which one, but she is drooling more than a basset hound (yes, we're familiar with them...my dear brother and sister-in-law have one!) She's also in a LOT of pain-more than I remember her being in with any of her other teeth. In fact, she really didn't show any symptoms with many of her teeth. All of a sudden, there were teeth there! I've been pumping her full of motrin and tylenol...hopefully tonight will be better than last night!

Austin had another soccer game this past weekend. There are some pictures below. He's just so stinkin cute out on that field, but I'm not biased or anything! We also took the kids to the pumpkin patch at our church. They did a very good job picking out their pumpkins, but I'm pretty sure Kayla was going to try to come home with all of them.

Here's Austin going after the ball! He sure looks like he's hustlin!

This is at the second game (I think!) Her shirt says "my brother rocks"! Hopefully she'll still think that in a few years!

You can't see the ball she's kicking in this picture. I'm afraid we're going to have many years of soccer games ahead of us!

I'm pretty sure this is the first pumpkin Kayla found and equally sure that this is one of the pumpkins we came home with! She is SO independent and "I do it" are her favorite words right now!

Austin was determined to help carry pumpkins to the car. I'm thinking this one might have been a little big!

I sure wish I could get them bot to look AT the camera at the same time. Oh well...at least they're both smiling!

No comments: